Exhibition/Terra Collection Initiative: America’s Cool Modernism: O’Keeffe to Hopper
America’s Cool Modernism: O’Keeffe to Hopper, a Terra Collection Initiative, is co-organized by the Terra Foundation for American Art and the Ashmolean Museum of Art & Archaeology at the University of Oxford.
The exhibition of paintings, prints, and photographs features 27 works from the Terra Foundation Collection including:
- Patrick Henry Bruce, Peinture, 1917–18
- Charles Demuth, Welcome to Our City, 1921
- Louis Lozowick, New York, 1925
- Helen Torr, Purple and Green Leaves, 1927
- Arthur Dove, Boat Going Through Inlet, c. 1929
- Charles Sheeler, Bucks County Barn, 1940
- Edward Hopper, Dawn in Pennsylvania, 1942
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, is lending 18 paintings. Additional works in the exhibition are lent from US museums and private collections. Many of the artworks have never been exhibited in the UK before. America’s Cool Modernism: O’Keeffe to Hopper is accompanied by an exhibition catalogue.
For more information, please visit: