This international symposium, organized in conjunction with the exhibition Marsden Hartley, offers a unique opportunity for scholars, students, and the public to learn more about the artist and his time. Five preeminent scholars from Europe and the United States will present their research on Hartley and his oeuvre, with an emphasis on the multitude of voices he used to express himself, both painterly and literary.
- Rachael Z. DeLue, Princeton University
- Edyta Frelik, Marie Curie-Sklodowka University
- Jonathan D. Katz, University of Pennsylvania
- Pascal Rousseau, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- Jacob Wamberg, Aarhus University
The symposium is co-organized by the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art and the Terra Foundation for American Art. For more information, including the program and speaker’s abstracts, and to reserve, please visit: https://www.louisiana.dk/en/event/marsden-hartley-symposium-6122019