The Centre for American Art at the Courtauld Institute of Art supports and develops research in the field of American art of all periods and in international, transnational, and global contexts.
Among its many offerings, the Centre:
- Administers the Terra Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Centre for American Art, The Courtauld Institute of Art, University of London;
- Provides opportunities for the study and teaching of historic American art to masters and PhD students;
- Organizes major international conferences;
- Hosts regular seminar series with visiting speakers;
- Welcomes visiting professors;
- Supports doctoral student research travel to the US; and
- Develops and conducts major research projects in the field.
The Centre seeks to establish relationships with European and UK partners and acts as a locus for existing collaborations with historians of American art in North America and Europe.
The Centre for American Art at the Courtauld Institute of Art was established with the help of a grant from the Terra Foundation of American Art. To learn more about the Centre and its upcoming events, please visit the Centre’s website.