April 30, 2015
Gallery 400, University of Illinois at Chicago
Exploring gender equality in the visual arts through the lens of the Imagists’ history and legacy, this program features panel participants:
- Claudine Isé, Executive Director, Woman Made Gallery;
- Barbara Rossi, Chicago Imagist Artist;
- Sue Williams, Artist; and
- Judith Russi Kirshner, Panel Moderator and Deputy Director for Education and Woman’s Board Endowed Chair at the Art Institute of Chicago.
The panel followed a screening of the documentary film Hairy Who & The Chicago Imagists and was the third in a series of three free screenings and discussions, which also included:
- “Hairy Who in Hyde Park” at Reva & David Logan Center for the Arts, and
- “Art & Comics, 1960s to Present” at Chicago Cultural Center.
Organized by Pentimenti Productions with the University of Chicago’s Film Studies Center, the Smart Museum of Art, and the Hyde Park Art Center (HPAC), this program was developed in conjunction with the yearlong celebrations for the Smart Museum’s 30th anniversary and HPAC’s 75th anniversary.