The Terra Foundation for American Art is pleased to announce this new program from the Association of Art Museum Curators (AAMC), offering curators who have worked on or are working in pre-1980 American art opportunities for international dialogue, exchange, and partnership.
Non-US curators will each be paired with a US “curator-liaison” to discuss their desired focus of advancement. At the conclusion of the program, international curators will present a webinar to the full AAMC membership. They will receive:
- Funding to visit the liaison at their US institution,
- Travel funding and registration for the 2018 AAMC conference, and
- Networking opportunities with AAMC members and supporters in person and online.
US “curator-liaisons” will be paired with a non-US curator and will commit to ongoing dialogue with their partner, as well as hosting their partner at a visit to their US institution. Liaisons will also lead a webinar for the class of international curators. Liaisons will receive:
- Complimentary registration for the 2018 AAMC conference,
- A one-year AAMC membership, and
- A participation stipend.
Applications are due November 1, 2016.
These awards are administered by AAMC. For more information about deadlines, eligibility, application procedures, and funding, please visit the AAMC website:
This program is made possible with major support from the Terra Foundation for American Art.