With the Engagement Program for International Curators (EPIC) initiative, the AAMC Foundation creates and strengthens international relationships between curators by providing a cross-cultural platform. By engaging with their counterparts, EPIC participants lead multi-national conversations and advance their professional skills.
AAMC Foundation’s Engagement Program for International Curators (EPIC), supported by the Art Fund and Terra Foundation for American Art offers curators around the globe a rare and valuable platform for cross-cultural networking and exchange. Both iterations of EPIC are accepting applications until February 9, 2022.
U.K. and U.S. Curators
Partnering curators from the U.S. and the U.K. including England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, the 2022 EPIC U.K. Curators edition will award two U.K. Awardees and two U.S. Liaisons to amplify voices from across the U.K. including England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales within the AAMC Foundation and the wider museum sector and deepen international relationships through creating opportunities for genuine exchange and learning.
Curators of U.S. Art
Partnering curators in the U.S. and Internationally working on U.S. Art, the 2022 EPIC U.S. Art edition will award two International Awardees and two U.S. Liaisons exploring art of the United States, including Native American and Indigenous art, whether historical art or contemporary art that manifests a critical and reflective engagement with U.S., Native American, and/or Indigenous histories, art, and art histories.
- All participants receive a stipend for their engagement, professional development, and partnership with their counterparts.
- International Awardees, U.K. Awardees, and U.S. Liaisons receive two-years of full AAMC Foundation Community Access, including professional development activities and website access, which includes professional resources, a webinar archive, and a member directory of 1,500 curators.
- All participants receive two-years of AAMC membership.
- U.K. Awardees receive two-years of Art Fund membership.
- Pairings meet at least three times virtually before December 1, 2022.
- Pairings will have TWO in-person visits during the program. One in-person visit by the International Awardee or U.K. Awardee at the U.S. Liaison’s institution, and another in-person visit by the U.S. Liaison to the International Awardee or U.K Awardee’s institution before December 1, 2022. These trips are not expected to last more than 5 business days, funding is provided for these trips and accommodations, along with a per-diem.
- All participants receive complimentary registration, travel and accommodation to attend the 2022 Art Curators Conference and Alumni Reception held in NYC April 30 – May 3, 2022.
This program is made possible with major support from the Terra Foundation for American Art. These awards are administered by AAMC. The deadline for applications is February 9, 2022.
Program criteria and parameters are available on the application portal. Please visit the AAMC website.