Program Associate, Publications (Paris, France)
The Paris, France, office of the Terra Foundation for American Art seeks to hire a Program Associate, Publications for a full-time, one-year fixed-term position (CDD).
The Terra Foundation for American Art supports individuals, organizations, and communities to advance expansive understandings of American art. Established in 1978 and headquartered in Chicago, with an office in Paris, the Terra Foundation is committed to fostering cross-cultural dialogues on American art locally, nationally, and internationally, through its grant program, collection, and initiatives.
Description of Position
The Terra Foundation seeks a Paris-based Program Associate, Publications to work in close collaboration with the Deputy Director Paris during an organizational phase of strategic re-envisioning. The PA provides high-level administrative and program-related support of the Publications program and foundation publications. In addition, they contribute to foundation-wide transversal communications and special projects.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to the following:
Publications Program and Special Projects
- Provide administrative support to Deputy Director in areas of Publications.
- Conduct research using a variety of external and internal resources.
- Provide support in analyzing data, identifying trends, and compiling key data points as inputs to internal and external communications.
- Assist with transversal collaborations and special projects interfacing with other departments and programs.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies (grants and initiatives, foundation publications, as well as digital strategy).
- Assist with communication and outreach efforts to multiple audiences.
Terra Foundation Publications
- Coordinate distribution, marketing, and outreach in relation with internal and external partners.
- Secure image, text, and translation rights & reproductions agreements.
- Prepare and maintain administrative contracts.
- Draft and copyedit publications materials.
- Coordinate and execute day-to-day e-marketing communications plan in coordination with program staff and Chicago Communications Manager.
- Assist in developing communications plan and communications reports.
- Assist with social media strategy, campaigns, and content.
- Track and organize communications photography, imagery, and artwork, and coordinates rights and reproduction requests, as needed.
- Has an undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Is familiar with or has a strong interest in publications, cultural institutions, or philanthropy.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal English skills with experience writing and editing content at a high level.
- Has experience tracking and analyzing data.
- Demonstrates general computer skills (Office Suite) and proficiency with Excel and Powerpoint.
- Has experience with a variety of social media platforms and digital programs.
- Possesses excellent organizational, analytical skills, and ability to plan and prioritize.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Enjoys paying attention to details.
- Enjoys working independently and as part of a team—collaborative with an ability to build supportive relationships with and coordinate among offices in Europe and US.
Compensation and Benefits
- €33,000 to €38,000 / year.
- Benefits include titres-restaurant.
Please send letter of interest, CV, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin on July 5, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled (start date: September 1, 2021).
No phone inquiries please.
The Terra Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.