Digital Communications Internship
The Terra Foundation for American Art supports individuals, organizations, and communities to advance expansive understandings of American art. Established in 1978 and headquartered in Chicago, with an office in Paris, its grant program, collection, and initiatives are committed to fostering cross-cultural dialogues on American art locally, nationally, and internationally.
The Terra Foundation seeks a digital communications intern to provide web, press, email communications, and social media support for the foundation’s external communication objectives. Interns will gain experience in nonprofit communications, learning how to perform communications audits, write compelling digital content for a variety of channels, and research and engage in communications best practices. As an international cultural foundation with its own collection of nearly 800 works of art, the foundation offers a distinctive perspective and learning opportunities in both foundation and museum work. Interns report to the manager of communications.
- Draft and review email communications, press releases, and web content.
- Analyze and report on website performance metrics using Google Analytics for the foundation’s web properties.
- Analyze and report on social media performance metrics for the foundation’s channels.
- Review, analyze, and report on content from foundation communication platforms.
- Research and maintain local media lists.
- Conduct communications best practices and social media research.
- Assist in researching and producing social media content.
- Other duties as assigned, including preparing materials for meetings and reports, participating in internal discussions and meetings, and collaborating with colleagues in Chicago and Paris.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in communications, English, art or design history, or a related subject, with a strong interest in digital communications, foundation communications, and/or museum communications.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style.
- Knowledge of various social media and email marketing platforms.
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with ability to manage and prioritize own time, including multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional, courteous, and tactful manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and willingness to learn how to work with other software applications.
Paid internship (no benefits) 14 hours/week, up to nine months.
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 31, 2021.
No phone inquiries please. The Terra Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.