Established in 1978, the Terra Foundation for American Art (TFAA) is dedicated to fostering the exploration, understanding and enjoyment of the visual arts of the United States. With an exceptional collection of American art from the colonial period to 1945 and an expansive grant program, it is one of the leading foundations focused on American art, supporting exhibitions, academic programs, publications, and research worldwide. Implicit in such activities is the belief that art has the potential both to distinguish cultures and to unite them.
Position overview/job summary:
The Foundation seeks a Communications Coordinator to provide communications support for the Foundation’s educational initiative Art Design Chicago, a city-wide exploration of Chicago’s art and design legacy with more than 25 exhibitions and hundreds of public programs happening throughout 2018. This position is a temporary role and will conclude December 31, 2018.
Part-time (no benefits), 28 hours/week
Communications Manager, Art Design Chicago
- Supports Art Design Chicago social media and digital platforms through the creation and execution of content in promotion of the overall initiative and its various programs, including:
- Originates and oversees distribution of content via e-communication campaigns, maintains Mail Chimp mailing lists
- Drafts content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter feeding into larger social media strategy and plans
- Originates and posts website news content
- Monitors and reports on Art Design Chicago e-communication and social media performance metrics
- Monitors Art Design Chicago website performance metrics using Google Analytics
- Supports overall Art Design Chicago communications campaign by providing writing, research, outreach, content organization, and/or task management support
- Assists with the preparation and compilation of materials for events, as well as communications presentations and reports
- Other duties as assigned, including participating in meetings and actively collaborating and communicating with colleagues in Chicago.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in the fields of communications, English, art or design history, or a related subject
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years working in a communications and/or arts field
- Proficient with various social media platforms, Mail Chimp, Google Analytics, and standard website content management systems
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter with ability to manage and prioritize time, including multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to interact with others in a professional, courteous, and tactful manner
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and willingness to learn how to work with other software applications
How to apply:
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume combined as a single document in PDF format to [email protected]. Please indicate in the subject line, “Art Design Chicago Communications Coordinator Position.”
No phone inquiries please. The Terra Foundation for American Art is an equal employment opportunity employer.