Academic Fellowship Program Assistant (Part-time)
The Terra Foundation for American Art is dedicated to fostering exploration, understanding, and enjoyment of the visual arts of the United States for national and international audiences. Recognizing the importance of experiencing original works of art, the foundation provides opportunities for interaction and study, beginning with the presentation and growth of its own art collection in Chicago. To further cross-cultural dialogue on American art, the foundation supports and collaborates on innovative exhibitions, research, and educational programs. Implicit in such activities is the belief that art has the potential both to distinguish cultures and to unite them.
The Terra Foundation for American Art seeks to hire an part-time Academic Fellowship Program Assistant, CDD (contrat à durée déterminée), for January–March 2019, based in the foundation’s Paris Center, 7th arrondissement. Start date: January 2, 2019.
The Academic Fellowship Program Assistant, under the supervision of the Program Director, Publications, and the European Academic Program Director, will:
- Provide project coordination and administrative support to the foundation’s International Research Travel Grant, Fellowship, and Visiting Professorship Programs;
- Contributes and Implement agreed-upon communication strategy for programs; and
- Perform weekly library duty.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Organizational, planning, communication and interpersonal skills
- At least 3 years of experience in the cultural field
- Master’s degree in art history or related field
- English mother-tongue level and fluent French
- French working papers
Salary and Benefits
To be determined according to the candidate’s profile and experience
How to Apply
Applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and the names and contact information for three references in English combined as a single document in PDF format to [email protected]. Please indicate in the subject line “Academic Fellowship Program Assistant position.” Review of applications will begin on October 10, and will continue until October 31.
No phone inquiries please. The Terra Foundation for American Art is an equal employment opportunity employer.