Terra Collection Initiatives are collaborative exhibitions and programs that further scholarship on the collection and make significant contributions to the study and understanding of historic American art. Developed by our curatorial staff in concert with institutional partners throughout the world, these initiatives aim to:
- Inspire a rich cross-cultural dialogue about American art,
- Encourage new ways of thinking about individual objects, and
- Utilize our collection as the basis for both scholarly interpretation and contextualized presentation.
Collaborations may involve:
- Major co-organized exhibitions including works of art from the Terra Foundation, partner institutions, and/or other lenders, plus funding;
- Smaller focused exhibitions presented with partners on an ongoing basis;
- Long-term loans of individual objects from the Terra Foundation collection; or
- Scholarly programs surrounding works in our collection.