Between 2006 and 2022, the Terra Foundation used its collection to co-organize exhibitions in partnership with museums throughout the world. These collaborative projects were called Terra Collection Initiatives. Developed by our curatorial staff together with institutional partners, these initiatives aimed to:
- Inspire a rich cross-cultural dialogue about American art
- Encourage new ways of thinking about individual objects
- Utilize the Terra Foundation Collection as the basis for both scholarly interpretation and exhibition.
Collaborations resulted in the following kinds of projects:
- Large co-organized exhibitions with loans from the Terra Foundation, partner institution(s), and additional lenders
- Series of small, focused exhibitions, co-organized with partners
- Multi-year loans of individual objects from the Terra Foundation Collection
- Scholarly programs devoted to artworks in the foundation’s collection.